It is already February which means its time to give you the chance to speak at WDC2014 this October.
Have you got an idea for a talk? Or have you done a talk at a barcamp or similar event that you think went down well?
If so all you need to do is drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- A title for your talk
- An overview of your talk
Submissions are open until February 21st. I'm afraid any after that will be ignored.
Once submissions close I will be in touch with 2 lucky people to offer them the chance to speak at WDC2014.
Things to keep in mind
- Talks need to last 30 minutes
- Don't rehash someone elses talk. I've seen plenty of them over the years, yours needs to be unique.
- No attacking talks, you'll be there to educate attendees not force an opinion on them
- No sales pitches! If you use a certain product and feel it helps your talk I need to know before hand.
- You've got to be free on October 9th and 10th 2014.
- I will provide a hotel for 2 nights and cover your travel costs to Bristol (this is the same for all speakers at WDC, always has been)
If you don't make the main event lineup I am currently planning a mini Ignite style event for the afternoon of the 9th. I can't cover your travel costs but if you are picked for it I will offer a free ticket to the main event.