I always get asked about speaking at WDC, normally at the after party by people who have never spoken before but would love the opportunity to do so.
Because of this, every year since 2009 I have made sure to give people the chance to stand up in front of 200 people and say what they have to say about the web.
I have been lucky enough to introduce people such as Sarah Parmenter, Ben Bodien and Jack Franklin who has either spoken at small Barcamp style meets ups or never spoken at a conference before.
If you want the chance to be added to the list all you have to do is email [email protected] with the following:
- Email Subject: Speaking at WDC2015
- Title of your proposed talk
- A short overview of the talk
- Submit talk by March 31st 2015.
If you can follow these 3 simple things then I will review your submission.
A couple of notes:
- If your talk is aimed at pure promotion of you, or your company/product it stands 0 chance of getting any serious consideration, WDC is not a chance for you to spend 30 minutes going on about how great you/your company is.
- Try and make your talk as unique as possible.
- You should be free in early October (8th and 9th, TBC) to travel to Bristol for the conference.
- You should be ok with what to expect from speaking at WDC.